Yesterday I told y’all about my glorious new bras! I just feel so, so much better in my clothes! Nothing like perkin’ up the top shelf to shape the rest of the curves! I want you to feel amazing in your clothes again too! Today I am going to give you my best tips on buying a bra after breastfeeding! Let’s get right to the nitty gritty shall we!
SPEND THE MONEY FOR GOOD QUALITY
- You can definitely find some great steals on bras while shopping at discount stores. And while I love a good deal, you really need a good quality bra. As bras are washed and worn, they wear out and won’t last very long. You don’t want to find a bra you love and then it breaks or stretches out to be too big. And something else to keep in mind is the cheaper bras tend to be uncomfortable and ain’t no one got time fo’ that! I like Victoria’s Secret, Fredrick’s of Hollywood and Soma Intimates.
- You can do it! Just bite the bullet and ask someone for help! This is what they do, let them help you! They will take you in the dressing room to put the measuring tape around you and you can leave your shirt on! I told y’all yesterday how painless it is and it makes all the difference in the world to have the right size!!
BE READY FOR A SNUG FIT
- If you’ve been breastfeeding for a while, you have probably been letting those ladies breath! Sports bras, nursing tanks, and a whole lot of night gowns, loose t’s and comfort! And good for you, those girls have been workin’ hard! But now it’s time to help them find their way back up! In order to keep them in place, you’re going to need a snug fit. Not too tight, just snug and if the bra is made well and the fabric right, it should still feel great, just a little more confining than what you’ve had going on.
DON’T BE SENSIBLE
- If you’re like me, you buy nude and black bras to be sensible. I want to get the most mileage out of that expensive bra. But here’s the thing, I was just huge and pregnant for almost a year and then breastfed for another year and I needed to spice it up!!! Really, what’s the difference in black and a gorgeous turquoise, lacy red, deep purple or even leopard print?? Except you just might feel a little more alive! Skip the nude and get an elegant pale pink! Who wears white with a toddler anyway? I’m telling you, you will be shocked at what a little color or spicy print will do for the pep in your step!
BUY THE PANTIES
- And finally go ahead and buy the matching panties! You deserve it! Most of my girlfriends, me included, neglect their intimates. Especially during the pregnancy, post-partum period and through the trenches of raising littles. But a little pampering, a little self-love, an indulgence as simple as satin turquoise panties can really make a gal feel special. And you won’t get any complaints from your hubby either!
I would love to hear what your favorite bra buying tips are! Good luck ladies and happy shopping!